Download a copy of the job announcement (208K)
Bolder Giving is seeking to add a new member to our team, a Communications & Administrative Coordinator (or Assistant, depending on experience level), to support our Executive Director and the New York City office. We are a small team with a big reach, engaging donors and funders around the country and across the globe to transform our collective culture of giving, and believe this will be an exciting opportunity for the right candidate.
Provide administrative support to Bolder Giving’s Executive Director including scheduling, travel planning, meeting preparation, communications follow-up, and other tasks as needed. Lighter back-up support to the program team as well.
Coordinate and execute a range of communications activities for Bolder Giving including social media engagement, developing and managing communications efforts for Give OUT Day, drafting blog posts and other written communications, designing and monitoring regular e-newsletters, and more.
Office Administration & Finance:
Oversee the operations of the NYC office including vendor management, interacting with building management, managing supplies, office technology and overall office functions. Additionally, provide highly detailed support to our finance manager by drafting expense reports, managing staff credit card transactions, and drafting reports as needed.
Actively manage Bolder Giving’s contact management system (Salesforce) including data entry, data integrity, training other staff, developing reports and other outputs based on Salesforce data. Training in Salesforce will be provided as needed.
Event & Board Meeting Preparation:
Coordinate and/or support other members of the Bolder Giving team with logistics and material preparation for donor programs, fundraisers, board meetings and other events organized by or featuring Bolder Giving in NYC, around the country, and globally.
Provide support to the Executive Director with donor acknowledgements, gift tracking, developing funding proposals, and preparing fundraising mailings and other efforts.
- Experience managing administrative tasks in a professional office environment, ideally 4+ years of previous experience assisting organizational leaders/managers at an executive level capacity
- Excellent computer skills (we work in an Apple environment) including internet research, Google apps, MS Office, and spreadsheet management. Experience with Salesforce and/or high degree of experience with Excel and other data management programs strongly preferred.
- Experience with or commitment to social change work that advances racial, economic, social and environmental justice causes.
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills and a proven ability to interact with board members, nonprofit leaders, potential funders and other high profile individuals
- The ability to work under pressure to strict deadlines, with minimal supervision. Ability to work in an autonomous environment, be self-directed and self-motivated
- Strong sense of judgment about when to be laid back and when you assert yourself
- Ability to develop and maintain good working relationships at all levels of the organization
- Strongly developed sense of discretion, diplomacy and resourcefulness
- A compassionate, personable disposition and a sense of humor
Please send a cover letter, resume, salary requirements, and a writing sample to Jason Franklin, Bolder Giving’s Executive Director at . In your cover letter, please tell us specifically what excites you about Bolder Giving's mission. For your writing samples, we're looking for lively, clear, persuasive writing that is friendly and informal in tone - please do not send academic writing. NO PHONE CALLS. Please reference “Communications/Administrative Coordinator” in the subject line.
Please be advised that due to the high volume of applicants, we will only be able to contact those candidates whose skills and backgrounds best fit the needs of the open position.
Bolder Giving is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We encourage women, people of color, LGBTQ identified individuals, and persons with disabilities to apply. Bolder Giving does not discriminate due to age, sex, religion, race, color, national origin, disability, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, and any other factor prohibited by law.